Staying at the House
Ronald McDonald House is a home away from home for rural Manitoban and out-of-province families with a child requiring treatment at a nearby hospital. The House is located at 62 Juno Street, only three blocks from HSC Children’s Hospital. Supporting up to 40 families at a time (referral required from your healthcare professional or social worker), the House offers all the comforts of home and more including:
- 40 guest bedrooms with private washrooms
- Accessible suites
- Two speciality suites for transplant patient families
- Free underground parking and outdoor parking for larger vehicles
- Free transportation to and from HSC Children’s Hospital
- RMHC Manitoba van is available for use by all families who come without their own vehicle, which is handy when a trip to a nearby grocery store or shopping is necessary.
- Daily continental breakfast and dinner offered four times per week
- Wireless Internet
- Four fully-equipped kitchens
- Family laundry room on each bedroom floor
- Indoor and outdoor children’s play areas
- Theatre Room, Fitness Room, and Teen Games Room & Family Lounge
- Outdoor living spaces
To be eligible to stay at Ronald McDonald House, families should:
- Be parents/guardians of a child (under age 18) receiving treatment for an illness or injury
- Live outside the City of Winnipeg perimeter
- Have a referral from a medical professional for a first-time visit
RMHC Manitoba's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion means it welcomes and serves all families equally. Families are referred to RMHC Manitoba by medical professionals.
Siblings may accompany the parents/guardians of the ill child. Only one room per family is allocated with a $10 daily room donation. Anyone under 18 cannot be left alone in the House and parents/guardians are responsible for supervising their children at all times. Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba does not provide child minding services. Affirming RMHC Manitoba's highest priority to the health and safety of the vulnerable population we serve, only essential care and service visitors are permitted at this time.
First Time Referral Process
A medical referral form must be filled in and faxed to the House by a social worker, doctor, or nurse. The required form can be downloaded below or obtained by contacting Senior Family Services Manager (House Program), Pat Battellino, at 204-774-4777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families are asked to confirm their stay one day prior to arrival. Preferred check-in time is between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m., but exceptions can be made for special circumstances. Third party billing must be arranged by the agency, in writing, prior to the family's arrival.