Staying at the House
Winnipeg's Ronald McDonald House is located at 566 Bannatyne Avenue on the corner of Bannatyne and Kate Street, only two blocks from HSC Children's Hospital. Families are welcome to prepare their own meals in our kitchen. Follow the link for a virtual tour of Ronald McDonald House.
A House van is available for use by all families who come without their own vehicle, which is handy when a trip to a nearby grocery store or shopping is necessary. We offer all the comforts of home including:
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Three television lounges
- Living room
- Games room with video games and Winnipeg Jets Bubble hockey table
- Indoor and outdoor children's play areas
- Phones and televisions in all rooms
- Free wireless Internet access
- 14 bedrooms (linens and towels supplied)
- Nine shared washrooms and two shower rooms
- Wheelchair accessibility and passenger elevator
- Laundry facilities with free detergent
- Home for Dinner Program where families enjoy a home-cooked meal provided by outside groups (minimum of three meals per week)
- Family Fitness room featuring a Total Gym, elliptical machine and yoga mats
- Attractive outdoor patio
To be eligible to stay at Ronald McDonald House, families should:
- Be parents/guardians of a child (under 18) receiving treatment for an illness or injury
- Live a minimum of 50 kilometres away from HSC Children's Hospital
- Have a referral from hospital staff (social worker, doctor, or nurse) for a first-time visit
Guests are not admitted based on financial need, rather based on the medical condition of the child and the distance of the family's home from the hospital.
Siblings may accompany the parents/guardians of the ill child. Only one room per family is allocated and the cost is $10 per night. Anyone under 18 cannot be left alone in the House and parents/guardians are responsible for supervising their children at all times. Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba does not provide child minding services.
First Time Referral Process
A medical referral form must be filled in and faxed to the House by a social worker, doctor, or nurse. The required form can be downloaded below or obtained by contacting Pat at 204-774-4777 or email@example.com.
Families are asked to confirm their stay one day prior to arrival. Preferred check-in time is between 8 am and 9 pm but exceptions can be made for extenuating circumstances. Third party billing must be arranged by the agency, in writing, prior to the family's arrival.