Home Sweet Home Baking Program
The Home Sweet Home Baking Program is a wonderful way to help make our House and Family Room feel like home for families by ensuring that comforting treats are on hand for them to share together.
Get together with friends, family, or co-workers to prepare baked goodies for RMHC Manitoba families. We provide the kitchen and ingredient staples, while you provide the baking skills and any other ingredients you may need. Whether a one-time event or monthly, we invite you to come to Ronald McDonald House to share your baking skills and help support our meal programming.
Home Sweet Home Baking Program volunteers must adhere to the following:
- Group size limit is a maximum of eight (8) Home Sweet Home volunteers
- Home Sweet Home volunteers must be 18 years of age or older (participants 13 years of age or older are permitted as a group member if accompanied and supervised by parent or caregiver at a maximum ratio of one (1) underage volunteer for every three (3) adults)
- All Home Sweet Home volunteers must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated
- Must be in good health to attend and will undergo wellness check questions and sign a health declaration prior to their Home Sweet Home volunteering date
- Aprons, hairnets, and gloves must be worn when handling food items
- Each Home Sweet Home volunteer must review Food & Safety Handling Guidelines
Volunteer groups are booked for a 3-hour period (morning or afternoon), from Mondays to Fridays, from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Please see our Home Sweet Home Baking Program 2024 calendar to view available dates.
If you would like to sign up, please download and fill out our Home Sweet Home Group Contact Form and send to our our Meal Coordinator, Pam Lorentz, at email@example.com. For questions or more information, please reach out to her by email or phone at 204.774.4777 ext. 133.