Home for Dinner Program
The Home for Dinner Program is an excellent way to offer RMHC Manitoba families the gift of togetherness while they enjoy a home-cooked meal. Whether a one-time event or monthly, we invite you to come to our Ronald McDonald House and share your culinary skills.
We have two convenient options for Home for Dinner program volunteers to support our meal programming:
- You and your group can contribute $500 for RMHC Manitoba to plan and purchase the menu items for a meal for families. On your scheduled day, you and your group will arrive at Ronald McDonald House at 4 p.m. for a tour. After that, you'll head to the kitchen to work with an RMHC Manitoba staff member to prepare and serve the meal. Our family services staff will clean up and box up leftover food so families can help themselves when convenient. A group photo is taken of you and your team, and the experience wraps up at around 6:30 p.m.–7 p.m.
Please bring a cheque for the $500 amount the day of their scheduled dinner or donate the amount online. To make an online donation in support of our Home for Dinner Program, type “Home for Dinner Program donation from (insert company/group name or main contact's name).” in the Notes Field on our Donate Online page. This will be on the same page where you enter your credit card information.
- Get together with friends, family, or coworkers to plan, purchase menu items, and prepare a comforting dinner for RMHC Manitoba families. We provide the kitchen, you provide the food and culinary skills. Tours are available for new participants. After your station is cleaned up and leftover food is packed away at around 6:30 p.m.–7 p.m., group photos are taken and the experience wraps up.
Home for Dinner volunteers must adhere to the following:
- Group size limit is a maximum of eight (8) Home for Dinner volunteers
- Home for Dinner volunteers must be 18 years of age or older (participants 13 years of age or older are permitted as a group member if accompanied and supervised by parent or caregiver at a maximum ratio of one (1) underage volunteer for every three (3) adults)
- All Home for Dinner volunteers must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated
- Must be in good health to attend and will undergo wellness check questions and sign a health declaration prior to their Home for Dinner date
- Aprons, hairnets, and gloves must be worn when handling food items
- Each Home for Dinner volunteer must review Home for Dinner Guidelines and Food & Safety Handling Guidelines
For questions or more information, please reach out to our Meal Coordinator, Pam Lorentz, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 204.774.4777 ext. 133.
Fund a Meal for our Families
An alternate way to support families is through a catered meal at either the Ronald McDonald House or the Ronald McDonald Family Room located within HSC Children's Hospital, Yellow Deer Zone, Level 3 (CE-3 - 840 Sherbrook Street).
If you would like to fund a meal, would like more information, or have questions, please email our Meal Coordinator, Pam Lorentz, at email@example.com or call her at 204.774.4777 ext. 133.