Host a Virtual Fundraiser
Support families needing to stay close by hosting a virtual fundraising event!
Throughout COVID-19, RMHC Manitoba continues to safely support families with a sick or injured child. This includes temporarily suspending our volunteer programs as well as postponing or cancelling fundraising events.
As families face existing health challenges and now have the added stress of the current global pandemic, we are here for them. During this crisis, RMHC Manitoba’s essential services to families are even more important and provide stability during these uncertain times.
What can you do to help?
To our community of supporters who are willing and able to help, we invite you to host a virtual fundraiser, helping to ensure we can continue to provide meals, accommodations, and support for families needing to stay close to their sick child.
Just like our families, we are always stronger together. ❤︎
Here is how to get started:
- Brainstorm how you would like to raise funds by choosing a fundraising event of your choice.
- Set your fundraising goal.
- Visit rmhccanada.ca to set up your personal fundraising page. Make sure to specify that you are fundraising for RMHC Manitoba.
- Share your fundraiser with friends and family by sharing your fundraising page on social media.
Virtual Fundraising ideas:
- Host a virtual birthday party – Ask for donations instead of gifts
- Virtual walk/run – Can’t run in groups outside? No problem! The idea here is for supporters to pledge to run or walk any distance or number of consecutive days, whether on your own outdoors, with your family or dog, or on a treadmill at home
- Host a class – Live stream a class and ask people to make a donation to access your class (ex: dance, yoga, art class, etc.)
- Host a fundraising challenge – Challenge your supporters to take part in a challenge while raising money for your cause. Find something entertaining, challenging, or just plain fun. (Examples: read-a-thon challenge, physical challenge such as doing a number of push-ups or jumping jacks, etc.)
For more information and support, please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org