Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Manitoba is building a new Ronald McDonald House to help more families with sick or injured children.
To support the new RMHC Manitoba Ronald McDonald House, click here.
When a child is seriously sick or injured, many families must leave their home, their communities and their support system in order to get the specialized care their child needs.
- The total number of families on a wait list for Ronald McDonald House = 205
- The total number of wait list nights = 789
- The average number of nights on the wait list = 4
On average, a family will stay at RMHC Manitoba for approximately 15 nights. The longest length of stay in 2019 was 151 nights.
To meet the growing and evolving needs of families and the projected pediatric healthcare needs for Manitoba in the next 5-15 years, RMHC Manitoba is building a new Ronald McDonald House, located at 62 Juno Street.
- Mission increase of 186%
- Increase from 14 to 40 Bedrooms
- Increase from 11,000 square feet to 48,000 square feet
The new Ronald McDonald House will offer:
- Support to more families
- Larger rooms for families comfort
- Private washrooms in each room
- Specialty suites for bone marrow and solid organ transplant patients
- Safe and secure outdoor spaces and parking
- Increased family programming
Who will benefit from the new House?
Manitoba families facing childhood illness or injury will benefit from this change. Ronald McDonald House is there when and where families need it most. Supporting the physical and emotional well-being of families while reducing the level of stress, sense of isolation and financial burden, is integral to helping sick and injured children stay close to the medical care they need & close to their families.
The goal for the Capital Campaign is in excess of $20 million, the largest fund-raising campaign undertaken by RMHC Manitoba. Thanks to RMHC Global, RMHC Canada, and several generous philanthropic supporters, we have already raised more than 45% of that goal. We plan to break ground when we have reached 80% of the goal, with a shovel-in-the-ground target date of summer 2020.
Capital Campaign Cabinet:
- Rhonda Lorch
- Rick Adams
- Norm Silver
- Mike Vanderhorst
- Tracey Novak
- Liz Boroditsky
- Jeremy Epp
- Doug Fawcett
- Hiren Shah
- Steve Bulejsze
- Tim O’Connor
- Wayne Devlin
- Dave Coverdale
- Britta Spiring
- Kathie Gerrard
- Melissa Beaumont
- Karen Babiak
- Jan Augert-Yarema
- Amit Kapoor
- Chloe Gerrard
- Hong Zhang
Capital Campaign Advisor:
- Dave Einarson
Join us in giving sick children what they need most, their families. For more information on how you can donate, call 204-779-9751 today.
Pledges are accepted in the following forms:
- Gifts of Cash (including securities)
- Pledges (installments up to 5 years)
- Gifts In-Kind (building products or services)
Be part of something special. Help plant the seeds of a legacy that will grow in our community for generations to come.