Our NEW Ronald McDonald House is open!
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Manitoba has opened a new Ronald McDonald House to help more families with sick or injured children.
To support the new RMHC Manitoba Ronald McDonald House, follow this link to make a donation.
When a child is seriously sick or injured, many families must leave their home, their communities and their support system in order to get the specialized care their child needs.
The total number of times families needed to go on a waitlist to stay at Ronald McDonald House due to full capacity:
- 2019 = 205
- 2020 = 105
- 2021 = 85
- 2022 = 93
On average, a family will stay at Ronald McDonald House for approximately 16 nights. The longest length of stay in 2022 was 204 nights.
To meet the growing and evolving needs of families and the projected pediatric healthcare needs for Manitoba in the next 5-15 years, RMHC Manitoba has built a new Ronald McDonald House, located at 62 Juno Street.
- Mission increase of 186%
- Increase from 14 to 40 Bedrooms
- Increase from 11,000 square feet to 48,000 square feet
- Located within 2 blocks of the existing House, at 62 Juno St., close to HSC Children's Hospital, CancerCare Manitoba, and HSC.
The new Ronald McDonald House offers all the comforts of home and more including:
- 40 guest bedrooms with private washrooms
- Accessible suites
- Two speciality suites for transplant patient families
- Free underground parking and outdoor parking for larger vehicles
- Free transportation to and from HSC Children’s Hospital, HSC Women’s Hospital, and St. Boniface Hospital
- Daily continental breakfast and dinner offered four times per week
- Wireless Internet
- Four fully equipped kitchens
- Family laundry room on each bedroom floor
- Indoor and outdoor children’s play areas
- Theatre Room, Fitness Room, and Teen Games Room & Family Lounge
- Outdoor living spaces
Who will benefit from the new House?
Manitoba families facing childhood illness or injury will benefit from this change. Ronald McDonald House is there when and where families need it most. Supporting the physical and emotional well-being of families while reducing the level of stress, sense of isolation and financial burden, is integral to helping sick and injured children stay close to the medical care they need & close to their families.
The goal for the Capital Campaign is $20.7 million, the largest fundraising campaign undertaken by RMHC Manitoba. Thanks to the Province of Manitoba, RMHC Global, RMHC Canada, and several generous philanthropic supporters, we have raised over $19.4 million. Your help is needed today!
Join us in giving sick children what they need most, their families. For more information on how you can donate, please contact, Wendy Galagan, RMHC Manitoba CEO by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-779-9751.
Pledges are accepted in the following forms:
- Gifts of Cash (including securities)
- Pledges (installments up to 5 years)
- Gifts In-Kind (building products or services)
Be part of something special. Help plant the seeds of a legacy that will grow in our community for generations to come.