Part-time Weekend House Supervisor
Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba supports the health and well-being of children by providing a “home-away-from-home” and other services for critically ill, chronically ill and seriously injured children and their families. Our Programs include Ronald McDonald House, which provides accommodations for out-of-town families, and Ronald McDonald Family Room, a place of respite for both Winnipeg and rural Manitoba families inside Children’s Hospital.
Ronald McDonald House is currently inviting applications for the part-time position of Weekend House Supervisor.
This is a permanent part-time position. Shifts are every Saturday and Sunday, from 4 p.m. to midnight.
The part-time Weekend House Supervisor (WHS) oversees the day to day operations of the Ronald McDonald House. This individual will be required to provide a compassionate guest experience, at all times, for all families requiring our support.
The successful applicant must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively. The WHS should be adaptable and feel comfortable interacting with families from diverse backgrounds. This part-time position is involved in House Operations and also serves as a resource to families, social workers/hospital staff and RMHC staff. The candidate must exude a caring, positive attitude and be a team player willing to help wherever needed.
- Assist and support guest families Manage House Operations (policies, procedures, facility maintenance assistance)
- Provide family support through housekeeping skills by maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the House
- Duties would include preparing bedrooms for check-in and cleaning of common areas
- Engage and motivate House volunteers
- Participate in the implementation of family-based programs
- Provide House tours to visitors and program donors
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for the mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba
- Minimum of grade 12 education
- Energetic person with proven skills in housekeeping and attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills with staff, stakeholders and medical staff/social workers
- Calm and caring manner through crisis with a desire to serve others
- Computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift moderately heavy items and climb stairs
- Experience in the hospitality sector an asset
Hourly Wage: $12.50
Please email your resume, with a cover letter by August 24th to:
Patricia Battellino, House Manager, RMHC Manitoba
566 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3A 0G7
Thank you for your interest in RMHC Manitoba. All qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.