Part-time Weekend House Keeper/Supervisor
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Manitoba supports the health and well-being of children by providing a “home-away-from-home” and other services for critically ill, chronically ill and seriously injured children and their families. Our Programs include Ronald McDonald House, which provides accommodations for out-of-town families, and Ronald McDonald Family Room, a place of respite for both Winnipeg and rural Manitoba families inside HSC Children’s Hospital.
Ronald McDonald House is currently inviting applications for the part-time position of Weekend House Keeper/Supervisor.
This is a permanent part-time position for two weekends each month. One shift weekend will be from 8 am to 4 pm and the other weekend from 4 pm to midnight. Being available on off-weekends to cover open shifts would be an asset.
The part-time Weekend House Supervisor (WHS) oversees the day-to-day operations of the Ronald McDonald House. This individual will be required to provide a compassionate guest experience, at all times, for all families requiring our support.
The successful applicant must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively. The WHS should be adaptable and feel comfortable interacting with families from diverse backgrounds. This part-time position is involved in House Operations and serves as a resource to families, social workers/hospital staff and RMHC staff. The candidate must exude a caring, positive attitude and be a team player willing to help wherever needed. Successful candidate must provide a current and clear (less than 3 months) Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Assist and support guest families
- Manage House operations (policies, procedures, facility maintenance assistance)
- Provide family support through housekeeping skills by maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the House
- Duties would include preparing bedrooms for check-in and cleaning of common areas
- Engage and motivate House volunteers
- Participate in the implementation of family-based programs
- Provide House tours to visitors and program donors
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for the mission of RMHC Manitoba
- Minimum of grade 12 education
- Energetic person with proven skills in housekeeping and attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills with staff, stakeholders and medical staff/social workers
- Calm and caring manner through crisis with a desire to serve others
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift moderately heavy items and climb stairs
- Experience in the hospitality sector an asset
Hourly Wage: $12.50
To Apply, please email your resume, with a cover letter by December 13th to:
House Manager, RMHC Manitoba
566 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3A 0G7
Thank you for your interest in RMHC Manitoba. All qualified applicants will be considered. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.