Full-Time Development Assistant | One-Year Term Position
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Manitoba supports the health and well-being of children by providing a “home-away-from-home” and other services for critically ill, chronically ill and seriously injured children and their families. Our programs include Ronald McDonald House, which provides accommodations for out-of-town families, and Ronald McDonald Family Room, a place of respite for both Winnipeg and rural Manitoba families inside HSC Children’s Hospital.
Ronald McDonald House is inviting applications for the position of Development Assistant.
This is a full-time position with a one-year term. The shift time is 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., from Monday to Friday.
Principle job responsibilities include providing donor stewardship support, signature and third party event support, administrative support, data entry, donor prospecting, and grant research/submission. In addition, RMHC Manitoba is currently in a $20M capital campaign. The Development Assistant will also offer capital campaign supports as assigned.
The successful applicant must be self-motivated with the proven ability to work independently and collaboratively. The Development Assistant should encompass a passion for helping others, and an appreciation for the non-profit sector. This position serves as a support resource to the overall development success of the organization. The candidate must be professional with an understanding and respect for confidentiality, exude a positive attitude, and be a compassionate and caring individual.
- Development administrative duties
- Data entry
- Donor stewardship
- Donor prospecting/research
- Grant submissions
- Event support (prizing, admin, event prep/teardown/day of participation)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for the mission of RMHC Manitoba
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Non-profit experience and/or knowledge
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Energetic person with positive attitude
- Strong relationship-building skills with donors, partners, staff, and volunteers
- Calm and caring manner through crisis with a desire to serve others
- Computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct physical tasks (lifting boxes, storing supplies, event prep and teardown)
To apply, please email your resume, with a cover letter by May 25th to:
Anna Nosol, Events & Development Officer
Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba
566 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3A 0G7
Thank you for your interest in RMHC Manitoba. All qualified applicants will be considered. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact us by telephone for the job position.