JOB POSTING: Part-time Weekend House Supervisor
RMHC Manitoba supports the health and well-being of children by providing a “home-away-from-home” and other services for critically ill, chronically ill, and seriously injured children and their families. Our programs include Ronald McDonald House, which provides accommodations for out-of-town families, and Ronald McDonald Family Room, a place of respite for both Winnipeg and rural Manitoba families inside HSC Children’s Hospital.
Ronald McDonald House is currently inviting applications for the part-time position of Weekend House Supervisor.
Shift time is 4 p.m. to midnight, Saturday and Sunday, on either a weekly or bi-weekly basis for a total of 32 hours/month. Flexibility to fill in open weekend shifts, on an as-needed basis, would be an asset.
The part-time Weekend House Supervisor (WHS) oversees the day-to-day operations of Ronald McDonald House. This individual will be required to provide a compassionate guest experience, at all times, for all families requiring our support.
The successful applicant must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively. The WHS should be adaptable and feel comfortable interacting with families from diverse backgrounds. This part-time position is involved in House operations and also serves as a resource to families, social workers, hospital staff, and RMHC staff. The candidate must exude a caring, positive attitude and be a team player willing to help wherever needed.
Successful candidate must provide a current and clear (less than 3 months) Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check with Vulnerable Sector search. We ask that you apply for record checks when applying for the position to streamline the process. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Assist and support guest families
- Assist with House programming
- Manage House operations (policies, procedures, facility maintenance assistance)
- Provide family support through housekeeping skills by maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the House
- Ensure COVID-19 screening and protocols are followed
- Duties would include preparing bedrooms for family check-ins and cleaning of common areas
- Engage and motivate House volunteers
- Participate in the implementation of family-based programs
- Provide House tours to families
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for the mission of RMHC Manitoba
- Minimum of grade 12 education
- Energetic person with proven skills in housekeeping and attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills with staff, stakeholders, and medical staff/social workers
- Calm and caring manner through crisis with a desire to serve others
- Computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift heavy items and climb stairs
- Experience in the hospitality sector an asset
Starting Hourly Wage: $14.00
To Apply, please email your resume with a cover letter by June 6, 2022 to:
Patricia Battellino, House Manager
Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba
566 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3A 0G7
Thank you for your interest in RMHC Manitoba. All qualified applicants will be considered. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.