FULL-TIME CONTRACT HOUSE SUPERVISOR/HOUSEKEEPER
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Manitoba supports the health and well-being of children by providing a “home-away-from-home” and other services for critically ill, chronically ill and seriously injured children and their families. Our Programs include Ronald McDonald House, which provides accommodations for out-of-town families, and Ronald McDonald Family Room, a place of respite for both Winnipeg and rural Manitoba families inside HSC Children’s Hospital.
RMHC Manitoba is currently inviting applications for a full-time contract House Supervisor/Housekeeper. This is a 4 to 6 month contract position. Shifts are on a weekly rotation schedule:
- Week 1 from 4 pm to midnight
- Week 2 from midnight to 8 am Monday to Friday
The House Supervisor/Housekeeper position oversees the day-to-day operations of the Ronald McDonald House. This individual will be required to provide a compassionate guest experience, at all times, for all families requiring our support. The successful applicant must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively. The House Supervisor should be adaptable and feel comfortable interacting with families from diverse backgrounds. This full-time contract position is involved in House Operations and also serves as a resource to families, social workers/hospital staff and RMHC staff. The candidate must exude a caring, positive attitude and be a team player willing to help wherever needed.
Successful candidate must provide a current and clear (less than 3 months) Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Assist and support guest families
- Manage House operations (policies, procedures, facility maintenance assistance)
- Provide family support through housekeeping skills by maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the House
- Prepare bedrooms for check-in and clean common areas
- Engage and motivate House volunteers
- Participate in the implementation of family-based programs
- Provide House tours to visitors and program donors
Skills and Qualifications:
- Current and clear (less than 3 months) Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, both with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Minimum of grade 12 education
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Passion for the mission of RMHC Manitoba
- Energetic person with proven skills in housekeeping and attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills with staff, stakeholders and medical staff/social workers
- Calm and caring manner through crisis with a desire to serve others
- Basic computer skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift moderately heavy items and climb stairs
- Experience in the hospitality sector an asset
The Salary range for this position is $12.50 to $15 per hour, based on qualifications.
To Apply, please email your resume, with a cover letter by May 29, 2020:
Patricia Battellino, House Manager
Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba
566 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3A 0G7
Thank you for your interest in joining the RMHC Manitoba team. All qualified applicants will be considered. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.